Below are tips and best practices for using DayCare Works & SchoolCare Works during these uncertain times.
Click here to view an Interactive PDF with tips for touchless check-in, child tracking, and more!
Minimal Contact Check-In
InSite Select QR Code Check-In – By clicking the QR Code menu option, parents can use this to check their children in and out.
For no-touch check-in using the QR code, after a parent scans their phone, have a staff member select the children on the Select application, instead of the parent.
InSite Provider Check-In – Staff members can check children in and out without parent contact
Limiting Number of Children within Classroom
The Student/Teacher ratio can be changed to limit the number of children in each class. The following reports can be used to track the number of children for a specific time by program:
- Reports > Room/Program > Enrollment Count - displays number of children enrolled for a specific time period by program
- Reports > Room/Program > Capacity Enrollment Remaining - displays capacity and remaining spaces by program with a four week range
Rooms can be created to track movement within the facility, but outside the classroom. These activities could include recess, lunch, music, etc. Staff members would use the InSite Provider application to move children to different rooms/activities.
Tracking Report - the Transition Report will display initial check-in and any room movement throughout the day.
Incident Reporting can be used to track child illnesses. Fields can be customized in the System Config > Incident Fields screen. The Incident Report Summary can be found under Reports > Room/Program. This report includes all fields selected from the Incident Fields screen.
Daily Sheets/Daily InSites
Setting up Daily Sheets allows centers the ability to keep families informed and up to date on what their child is doing throughout the day. Once Daily Sheets are set up, categories and attributes must be added.
Daily InSites can provide tracking on things like temperatures, illnesses, or hand washing. Staff members can add Daily InSites from the admin site or the InSite Provider application. Once the InSites are added, parents can view them from the Connect app or the Parent Portal.
Each field name and type (text, date, time) are customizable. See below for example:
No Contact Payment Processing
Communication to Families
Connect > Announcements can be created and will display on the Connect Parent Portal and the InSite Connect application for parents to view. If enabled, parents can now receive push notifications to their mobile devices via the InSite Connect application.
Connect > Communication allows staff to send notifications to parents. If online documents need to be shared, the URL can be copied and inserted into the emails or announcements.
Please Note: either of these can also be used to communicate health alerts within the facility or classroom.
Additional Tips During Closures
Batch Jobs/Automatic Charges
Option A - If your center uses few or no PRA overrides:
Rates can be set to $0.00 on the Setup > Rates screen with an effective date of the start of the week. If a batch job is setup, billing will still run and invoices for $0 will be sent out.
Keep in mind the following:
- If the center is Defined billing, billing can be re-run and will generate $0.00 billings
- If overridden rates have been added to a PRA, those students will still be billed that rate. If you are unsure about overridden rates, run the SSH Student Schedule Summary report from the Reports > Room/Program screen and review the “Override” column. If there is an overridden rate, go into the PRA and do one of the following:
- End date the PRA – when the student begins attending again, add the PRA back
- Change the Override Amount to $0 – then add the correct override amount when the student begins attending again
Option B - If your center uses many overrides:
If your school/center has automatic charges (auto pay, auto bill, late pickup/payment fees, etc.) setup within DCW/SCW, contact the Support Department to turn off the corresponding batch job.
Late Payment Fee
If late payment fees are being charged, navigate to Setup > Fees and click on View Late Payment Fee Overrides. Change the Late Fee Amount to $0.00.
How to Issue Refunds/Credits to Families
- If a payment needs to be refunded to a parent’s account, click here for instructions
- To provide bulk credits by room/program, navigate to the Reports > Room/Program screen
No Payment days can be used in the short term to reduce billing issues. When a center/school closes, students with an assigned schedule for the day, will not be charged.
Please Note: this option is for non-flat rates only.